to our volunteer program!
In order to make our volunteer process work
as smoothly as possible, there are certain policies and procedures that
our volunteers are asked to follow: outlined below.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist in the warehouse
- Assist at food distribution locations
- Transport food to home-bound clients
- Help with the annual food drive, fundraising, and special events
Volunteer Procedures and Information:
- The Food Bank of Nevada County does not offer volunteer service
hours for court mandated community service.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 12 years old. Volunteers between the
ages of 12-15 must volunteer with an adult, and volunteers 16-17 must
volunteer with parental permission.
- The Food Bank expects you to report and work as scheduled. Hours
are recorded on a project log located in the warehouse. It is important
that the volunteers sign in!
- Follow volunteer guidelines, and work safely at all time.
- Volunteers need to have a current Volunteer
Application (MS Word) on file.
The Food Bank will:
- Make every effort to provide safe working conditions. (Bathrooms and
kitchens are available in the office and warehouse area.)
- Help our volunteers select an assignment that meets their needs as
well as the needs of
the Food Bank.
- Work with volunteers to make their experiences positive and rewarding.